Description: Assist our eager congregation in joyful weekly public worship
(15 hours / week)
- Lead public worship on Sunday mornings, playing with and giving direction to the worship team
- Weekly meeting with the Senior Pastor to establish a thematic order of worship including the message, corporate music, litanies, videos, drama, special music, sound and/or lighting.
- Select or assist worship leaders to select songs for worship each week
- Ensure a worship team is in place by creating bi-monthly worship schedules
- Schedule mid-week and Sunday morning music rehearsals
- Provide ongoing training/teaching for worship team members
- Ensure the media presentation is prepared for Sunday morning
- Help teach/train sound and media operators to use equipment to help run a seamless worship service that keeps with the flow of worship.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with the music ministry
- Develop relationships with youth to encourage them to be involved
- Seek ways to include children in worship (music, message/stories, interactive, hands on methods)
- In cooperation with the administration committee, ensure that all audio/video equipment is maintained and adequate to our needs
- Provide pastoral care to worship volunteers
- Lead 5 to 6 extra services per year (Good Friday, Christmas etc)
- Able to demonstrate a growing relationship to God through Jesus the Son, shaped by the Holy Spirit
- Willing to work within the Reformed tradition
- Willing to invest personally in this community
Alberni Valley Christian Reformed Church pledges
- Ongoing prayer for the worship coordinator
- Ongoing communication with a church staff team
- A salary commensurate with experience. Vacation and Sundays off negotiable.
We’d love to hear from you! Please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail or deliver in person to the address below.
Alberni Valley Christian Reformed Church – 5033 Roger St – Port Alberni, BC – V9Y 3Y9